So it’s been a while since I posted last, and basically it’s due to the fact that I’ve spent most of my afternoons and weekends outside instead of in front of the mac. And I think that’s a good thing, both because it means that I’ve got more energy and better capacity than last year and because it means that spring is here.
So what have I been up to you ask? I’ve been:
- Trying to prepare the garden for all the self-grown deliciousness that we are going to enjoy come late summer. We’re planning some salads, ruccola (which is actually a form of cale!), carrots, different herbs and edible flowers this year. I’ll take some shots and write a post on how thats coming along later.
- Changing some of the planking on our house and giving it a coating so it will tolerate the changing weather. As soon as the coating has dried, we will paint it white like the rest of the house, and we’re sure it’ll look like the planks were never rotten…
- Having the first (and second and third…) barbecue of the season. Truth be told, we only fired up some hot dogs and made it really simple, but we’re really enjoying being able to spend so much time and making many of our family meals outside. The little one loves having his high chair at the table outside and when we fire up the grill he says “Mmmmm”, so he has gotten the point right.
- Watching the clouds roll by and really looking forward to summer vacation for eight whole weeks this summer! I’m actually going to take my parent leave from work, as I have not been able to this past year due to the back injury. As my wife is a teacher and will have eight weeks off this summer, we found that combining my leave and her vacation would give us maximum family time. So; yay family!
- Taking a foundation class in photography. It’s an online course through Shaw Academy, but to be quite honest I’m not going to finish it. More on that in a later post!
- Meditating, working out, going to my physical therapist and my therapist to keep afloat and trying to reach the point where I can say that I don’t feel held back anymore. It’s a work in progress, and currently I feel like I’m just floating along. So I’m thinking about taking a bit more charge again. Putting myself in the driver seat and all the other cliches.
- Looking forward to my mum and her fiancé coming to visit next weekend, and for me and the wife to take a much needed mini break the following weekend when the fabulous grandparents are going to watch the little one overnight for the first time!
That was it for now. Feel free to leave a comment on what you have been up to lately, and make sure to pop back for my posts on the garden and the photography class.